Introduction to Grilling Corn on the Cob in Less Than 10 Minutes
Grilling corn on the cob is a great way to add some delicious flavor to your summer cookouts. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s also surprisingly simple and easy to do! In this blog post, we’ll be taking a look at the basics of grilling corn on the cob – from prepping and seasoning to cooking times and tips – so you can have perfect grilled corn in less than 10 minutes.
First off, let’s start with prepping the ears of corn. The husks should be left on while you prepare your grill heat source; they act as an insulator, which protects against sticking or burning. Remove the silk and any brown spots from the outside of each ear before lightly spraying them with oil (use either a vegetable-based spray or brush on some extra virgin olive oil). Now comes adding in some flavor. Sprinkle salt over both sides of each ear (we recommend about ¼ teaspoon per side for 6 ears). Use a variety of herbs and spices for an added punch – garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder– whatever tickles your fancy!
Once you’ve prepared your heat source (charcoal or gas), set it up for indirect heat grilling– this means heat concentrates under one area, creating two “zones”: direct (where food directly touches flames) and indirect (protected from flames). Using tongs, place each prep away ears around the indirect zone (make sure they are close enough that they get consistent heat coverage) leaving room between each to ensure even cooking. Close the lid and let them cook between 7-9 minutes until they reach desired golden-brown color. You can check doneness by peeking underneath or gently squeezing down near the stem end – if you feel a slight give then they’re ready to remove! For those wanting even crispier ends be sure to move ears directly over flame during last minute of grilling,, just make sure not to leave unattended too long as these areas will blacken quickly.
Now let’s talk about taking care post-grilling! After removing from grill let cool slightly before serving my brushing off excess ash/ charring bits; we suggest rubbing each cob with butter prior—it adds deliciousness plus helps avoid burns when munching away. Lastly take time indulging in savory treat enjoying both smoky exterior tender core found within— happy noshing!!
Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Grill Corn on the Cob in Less Than 10 Minutes
Grilling corn on the cob is a great way to enjoy this summer time classic in no time at all. To get your corn on the cob cooked in less than 10 minutes, follow these easy steps for that perfect, charred and sweet flavor you can only get from the grill.
1. Start with fresh, husked ears of corn. Be sure to carefully remove all of the strands of silk so that the corn cooks evenly on the grill. Give each ear a quick wash under running water and pat it dry with some paper towels before putting it on the grill.
2. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (it should register between 375-400℉). Clean and oil your hot grates using an oil-soaked kitchen towel held with a pair of long barbecue tongs or an oil sprayer bottle applied directly to each side of your grate prior to adding your corn on the cob.
3. Now you’re ready to place each piece of washed and dried husked ear onto the preheated grill grates set over direct heat, top side down first, so that they will char nicely as soon as they hit the grate! Close lid and let them sizzle for 3-4 minutes until lightly charred and browned all over – give them a gentle rotate with tongs halfway through cooking time for even results ensuring all sides are done perfectly in about 6-7 minutes total cooking time (you’ll need less time if your pieces are smaller).
4. Once fully cooked transfer off hot grates immediately onto a plate or platter – never leave any food sitting around directly exposed to still heated grates! Serve warm & enjoy straight away!
Common Questions and Answers About Grilling Corn on the Cob in Less Than 10 Minutes
Grilling corn on the cob may seem like a process that is time consuming and complicated. In reality, it’s actually one of the simplest ways to enjoy this summery favorite. With just a few tips, you can have delicious grilled sweet corn ready in under 10 minutes!
Q: Can I really make grilled corn on the cob in less than 10 minutes?
A: Absolutely! By preheating your grill, you can allow it to reach the perfect temperature for grilling without compromising on time. All you need to do is spread the husks back over each ear of corn and place them directly on the hot grates. You’ll know they’re cooked when steam rises up and out of the top of each ear. Once that happens, you simply move them to indirect heat and let them cook until lightly browned.
Q: Is there any benefit to leaving the husk on when grilling?
A: Yes! Leaving the husk intact not only helps keep moisture within an ear of sweet corn, it also forms a barrier between direct flame — otherwise known as charring — and tender kernels beneath. Not to mention, placing a foil-wrapped ear onto your grill cuts down those last few minutes of cooking time significantly!
Q: What should I pair my grilled corn with?
A: Grilled sweetcorn pairs wonderfully with a variety of dishes — from barbecued chicken or ribs slathered in sauce, all way through into chef-inspired salads like quinoa tabbouleh or roasted vegetable medleys doused in pesto vinaigrette. The smoky flavor will add amazing depth to whatever dish you choose; plus, it’s low-calorie so even better!
Top 5 Tips for Best Results When Grilling Corn on the Cob in Less Than 10 Minutes
1. Choose Fresh Corn: Choose fresh corn for grilling and make sure to use ears that are still in their husks. Using fresher corn will help ensure the best results when cooking times are short.
2. Soak the Ears of Corn : Once you’ve chosen your ears of corn, it’s important to soak them before grilling them to create a moist environment which helps lock in juiciness. Fill up a sink or bowl with cold water and add your ears of corn, making sure they are fully submerged. Let the ears soak for 10 minutes before grilling them for a great result!
3. Fire Up Your Grill: While the corn is soaking, fire up your grill and heat it up on medium heat until it reaches around 375°F (190°C). This is an ideal temperature for fast cooking without burning your food.
4. Grill The Ears of Corn: Remove the corn from its soaking liquid and place each ear onto the pre-heated grill using tongs or a spatula and cover with a grill lid if you have one available. Turn each ear over every 2-3 minutes to ensure even cooking on all sides – this should be enough time to get great charring too! You don’t want them to be over cooked – so count how long they’ve been on the grill everytime you turn them over so that they won’t overcook!
5. Serve Immediately: After about 8 minutes, remove the ears from the grill with tongs or gloved hands (they will be hot!) Place them into serving dishes & let everyone enjoy those deliciously grilled summer veggies! Nothing beats freshly grilled sweet corn served hot off the grill – Enjoy!
Benefits of Grilling Corn on the Cob in Less Than 10 Minutes
Grilling corn on the cob is a great way to enjoy this summertime favorite in less than 10 minutes. Not only does grilling bring out the natural sweetness of the corn, it also adds an exciting smoky flavor and crunchy texture that you can’t get any other way. Plus, grilling is much faster and easier than boiling or steaming! Here are some of the benefits of grilling corn on the cob in less than 10 minutes:
1. Quick & Easy: Grilling has long been known as one of the fastest ways to make fresh food without having to turn on your stove or oven. Not only do you save time compared to cooking methods like boiling and steaming corn, but you also benefit from not having to constantly check while waiting for it to cook (as you would have to with boiled or steamed corn).
2. Nutritious Source of Vitamins & Minerals: Corn is a fantastic source of Vitamin C, Potassium and more minerals. All these nutrients are preserved when lightly grilled over medium-high heat for just a few minutes– so even with a super quick cooking time, your body will still be able to reap all their health benefits!
3. Tasty & Exciting Flavor Profile: There’s nothing better than biting into freshly-grilled corn straight off the cob smothered in butter and salt – flavorful yet simple! The slight charring from direct heat brings out a more exciting flavor profile you simply can’t get from other cooking methods, while keeping its natural sweetness intact. By adding various spices such as garlic powder or smoked paprika during the final minutes of roasting – watch that sweetcorn truly come alive!
4. Highly Customizable Dish: The possibilities are endless – feel free to experiment by adding ingredients like crumbled cheese or bacon bits directly onto your cooked cobs just before serving (the fat content will create an even tastier result). You can also play around with different marinades by brushing off some melted butter/olive oil paired up with herb combinations such as oregano/thyme combo right before putting them on direct heat for about 5 minutes – it’s sure making for an unforgettable dining experience!!!
Overall, grilling your own fresh ears of corn takes little effort but provides big rewards with regards flavour profile, nutritional value and accessibility timeline-wise; all these elements come together nicely making this traditional side dish preparation one which definitely warrants trying at least once this summer season!
Conclusion – Why You Should Try Grilling Corn on the Cob in Less than 10 Minutes
Grilling corn on the cob is a delicious, healthy way to enjoy summertime and all its bounty. Grilling brings out the sweetness of corn while also adding a smoky and char-grilled complexity that can’t be matched by boiling or steaming. Best of all, grilling your corn can be done in less than 10 minutes, so if you’re in the mood for sweetly charred flavors but don’t have time to spare, grilling could be just the solution you need.
Even without an outdoor grill, it is still possible to get great results with indoor appliances such as cast iron skillets or electric tabletop grills. When using either method, heat your skillet or grill first then place the husked and herbed corn directly in the heat source. Cook for about 5 minutes with occasional turning until it begins to blacken and become tender. Depending on how well done you like your corn and how hot your heat source is, this could take anywhere from 5-10 minutes total cooking time. The result? Juicy ears of succulent yellow bliss!
If you want to switch up the flavors a bit you can add some butter when cooking or sprinkle some parmesan after it’s cooked. You can also prepare other vegetables on that same hot surface at the same time adding another layer of flavor and nutrition to your meal. Corn makes a fantastic addition to any cookout menu thanks to its ease of preparation and vibrant flavor profile that stands up to heavier meats like steak or chicken – making it an essential part of any summer barbecue party menu! And with such minimal effort needed for perfect results every time say goodbye forever (or at least for now) to soggy boiled ears of corn – this is one quick side dish recipe everyone should try!!